BlueSky Education takes your privacy very seriously. In this Notice, you will find information about how BlueSky Education (“We”) collect, use, and process your personal data, and how we ensure information about you is kept confidential.
Please read it carefully, as by using BlueSky Education’s website or our services, you will be deemed to have read and accepted the terms of this Notice.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Blue Sky Education & Travel (UK) Ltd., WeWork, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA, T: +44 (0)20 3004 9314, E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Notice was updated on April 20th, 2018.
BlueSky Education means BLUE SKY EDUCATION PTE., LTD a company incorporated and registered in Singapore with company number 201605521R, or its wholly owned subsidiary Blue Sky Education & Travel (UK) Ltd., a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10168256.
BlueSky Education’s website means www.bluesky-education.com and BlueSky Education’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BlueSky.GlobalHolidayCamps/.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Students, agents, group leaders, and parents/legal guardians are asked to supply information to BlueSky Education when applying for enrolment, during pre-arrival periods, and during camps. Staff and employment candidates are asked to supply information to BlueSky Education when applying for employment and during employment. The information you give us may include your name, address, telephone number(s), email addresses(s), date of birth, gender, nationality, citizenship country, passport details, academic attainments and qualifications, education history, employment history, disabilities, health information, including illnesses, allergies and dietary information. BlueSky Education may also collect information regarding payment of fees.
- Information we collect about you: during your visits to our website, we may collect the following information about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, education agents, employment referees, etc.)
Legal basis for processing and usage of information
- Information you give us: our legal basis for processing is as follow:
- Insurance and health information: vital interests
- Staff’s tax details and DBS checks (in the U.K.): legal obligation
- Contact information from email correspondences: legitimate interests
- Contact information that is sent via submitted forms on the website: consent
- All other personal data: contract
We will use the information you give us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to comply with any legal obligations we have
- to ensure your vital interests are protected, in case health treatments are needed in emergencies
- Information we collect about you: our legal basis for processing is legitimate interests
We will use the information we collect about you:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and electronic devices.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Information we receive from other sources: our legal basis for processing is legitimate interests. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
These cookies do not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. These cookies allow us to tailor our content o better suit your needs and only display messages relevant to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BlueSky Education or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We will never sell your email address or other details, and all communications from us will contain a clear “unsubscribe” option.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to have access to, verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Access, verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.